For Recovery, Performance and Pain Relief
What is Cryotherapy?
Whole body cryotherapy – also known as cold therapy – exposes the body to dry sub-zero temperatures to promote recovery, increase performance and address pain and inflammation. It is an all-natural, safe 3-minute experience in a temperature-controlled chamber.
What Happens During a Cryotherapy Session?
When the body is exposed to temperatures as low as -220˚F, the brain triggers a complex physiological repair response. Blood pathways open and increase the flow of hyper-oxygenated and enriched blood to areas of injury and inflammation in the body. After a cryotherapy session, enriched red blood cells full of oxygen, nutrients and enzymes are rushed to the injured sites to accelerate the body’s natural healing process. The entire process stimulates cellular regeneration to speed recovery by reducing tissue damage, inflammation and swelling as well as relieving pain. Many patients report a “euphoric” feeling after a session.
The Benefits of Whole Body Cryotherapy
- Decreases muscle soreness, pain & inflammation
- Increases blood circulation to injured sites accelerating the body’s natural healing process
- Improves muscle strength, joint function & range of motion reducing recovery time
- Supplies oxygen & nutrients to injured areas accelerating muscle recovery
- Cleanses toxins from injured & inflamed areas of the body
- Increases oxygen & nutrients within the muscle tissues restoring muscle strength
- Super charges the blood allowing the body to train harder and longer
- Accelerates recovery between training sessions
- Reduces delayed onset muscle soreness
- Releases enhanced levels of endorphins & peaks athletic performance
- Allows for post-session exercise
- Releases neurotransmitters reducing pain sensitivity
- Improves blood circulation throughout the body
- Eliminates stagnant blood within the muscle tissue & joint spaces
- Replenishes blood with oxygen & nutrients
- Analgesic effect reducing use of pain medication
Our CryoArtic Chamber Experience:
The Highest Quality in Cryotherapy
- Operated by a certified technician
- No contact with nitrogen vapors: Liquid nitrogen vapor is separated from the cold air and cold oxygenated air is filtered into the chamber for a fully breathable and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Window feature allows patients to choose between a fully- or partially-enclosed cryotherapy treatment
- Spacious chamber for comfort
- Two-way communication system
- Bluetooth speakers
Are You a Candidate for Cryo?
*Whole Body Cryotherapy offers benefits for:
- Post-surgical recovery
- Exercise & training recovery
- Injured athletes
- Inflammation of tendons, bursa, joint capsules
- Chronic pain & inflammation
- Inflammatory conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia
- Delayed onset muscle soreness
- Back pain
- Low energy levels
*There are some conditions for which cryotherapy is contraindicated. Please contact us for more information.
Ready to Experience Cryotherapy?
Contact us to schedule your cryotherapy experience.
Got questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to answer them.