I loved playing baseball as a kid. Naturally, like lots of kids, I thought I’d be a pro baseball player. However, a baseball pitching injury when I was 12-years-old brought me into an orthopedic surgeon’s office and I knew I had a new life goal.
From that day on, I was focused on becoming an orthopedic surgeon.
Just like the orthopedic surgeon who fixed my elbow when I was 12, which allowed me to continue playing baseball, including at the collegiate level, I like watching people get better. It’s what drives me in my work each day.
I enjoy every aspect of my job, including:
- Interacting with patients in the exam room
- Spending time in the operating room
- Learning something new all the time in the dynamic field of orthopedics
When I decided to start Integrated Orthopedics, I had one goal in mind:
- To build an orthopedic practice that puts the patient first and provides the highest quality patient experience.
Our patients tell us that our team at Integrated Orthopedics does just that. And we work hard each day to get even better. We welcome your input as well – it helps us improve.
Integrated Orthopedics offers the following services. If you, a friend or family member is ever in need of these services, we hope you will consider Integrated Orthopedics as a home for your care.
- Orthopedic surgery: We offer a wide variety of orthopedic surgeries, including meniscal repair, anterior cruciate ligament surgery (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), rotator cuff repair, knee repair surgery, among others, including fracture care.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: Dubbed the “blood therapy” by ESPN due to its popularity and success among athletes, PRP utilizes platelets from your own blood to rebuild a damaged tendon or cartilage. It has been successful in not only relieving pain, but also in jumpstarting the healing process.
- Injection Therapy: Our two main injection therapies include steroid injections and hyaluronic acid injections. Steroid injections are used to reduce the discomfort and pain in the joint or tissue. Hyaluronic acid injections are given to mimic normal joint fluid thus attempting to recreate a normal environment of the knee. All shots are done in our procedure room. Anesthetics are utilized to minimize your discomfort.
- Workers Compensation: When you’ve been injured at work, it can be overwhelming and time-consuming. Integrated Orthopedics is dedicated to streamlining the workers compensation process for you, while doing everything we can to expedite your recovery. We provide you with a dedicated point of contact in our office for your scheduling and administrative needs and fulfill the extra responsibilities that the workers’ compensation system creates, including status and dictation reporting. I have extensive experience performing Independent Medical Examinations (IME), an essential part of the workers compensation process, and am CIME certified.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is an important part of recovering from an injury or in managing pain. Our staff of physical therapists will assist you with an individualized physical therapy program that is customized to meet your specific needs, including therapy for acute and chronic injuries or pain; functional rehabilitation for work and sports related injuries; back, neck and pelvic stabilization programs; and ASTYM treatment, among others.
Our orthopedics surgery, PRP, injection therapy, physical therapy and workers compensation services serve Desert Ridge, Scottsdale, Peoria and Phoenix, primarily. Thanks for taking time to read this blog post. I hope you have a better sense of what we’re all about at Integrated Orthopedics and how important our patients are to us.
I hope you take a moment to cruise around our website. Thanks for stopping by!